It’s one of the toughest things for a creative team – how to tell a story everyone has heard in a way that captures the imagination.
And a challenge for every pastor or church creative when it comes to Christmas.
We hope The Way in a Manger can help you and your church community connect to the story of Christ’s birth in a fresh and compelling way – with intriguing writing, believable voice-overs, and beautiful and authentic visuals. Take a look:
If you need a bit more inspiration, here are a few ideas on how to incorporate The Way in a Manger into your service this December:
Engage your community at the start of the service. Have the band ready and follow the video up with any of these Christmas songs:
- We Have A Savior (Hillsong: Watch on Youtube)
- Joy to the Word (David Crowder Band: Watch on Youtube)
- Oh, Light (Gungor & All Sons and Daughters Watch on Youtube)
- Take Heart (Hillsong: Watch on Youtube)
Sermon Starter (Perspectives)
Help your church see the importance of Christ’s birth in a fresh way by building a message around the seven perspectives found in the video:
- Simeon: Jesus is the way to fulfilled hope
- Joseph: Jesus is the way to trust
- Herod: Jesus is the way to surrender
- Magi: Jesus is the way to truth
- Innkeeper: Jesus is the way to another chance – God can use everyone
- Mary: Jesus is the way to God’s presence: God is with us
- Shepherd: Jesus is the way to peace
Which Character are You?
Each voice in the video represents how Jesus is the way to something. After the message, invite people to come forward to light a candle as you show a still image of the character they connect with the most (Still images are included with purchase).
How will you use it?